Things are progressing well in Tilbury. The recent events of the project are summarized as follows:
- Pierascenzi is working on the east side of Queen Street from Smith Street to Young Street (approx. 2 weeks) They will be continuing to move south after the block of Smith St to Young St.
- They have started with new subdrain installation and will continue for the next few days. Once completed, they will be removing and replacing concrete sidewalk and curb and gutter in this area.
- The work across Young St will also be taking place within this time frame with a catch basin removal and replacement as well as the crosswalk being removed and replaced.
- Public Works is having the contractor replace some water main valves at the southeast corner of Young St and Queen St which will also be done approximately around this time frame.
- Bell’s contractor (Pickard) will be on site to verify the integrity of the bell duct (west side of Queen St) from the vacant lot north of Fongs to Superior Street maintenance hole. We will be getting an update within a day or so if this duct is suitable to pull in new cables.
- Bell’s contractor (Pickard) has submitted for fibre optic locates at the former railway before performing the directional drill. Once locates have been completed, Pickard can proceed to drill and install bell wires from the mh at the former railway to the vacant lot north of Fongs.
- The remainder of the Bell work of pulling the wires and splicing may take up to two weeks. This is why Pierascenzi Construction is continuing to head southerly on the east side of Queen St to allow Bell to complete their work. Once the contractor has completed the work to Stewart Street, they will move back to the railway area and complete that portion as per the contract.